Seven Degrees from Normal

Two people, eighteen years of marriage, seven college degrees.

Monday, September 13, 2004

Maybe if we ignore him

Perhaps it's just me, but listening to Kerry attack Bush over the expiring assault weapons ban today, I had this sudden awareness that I'm just tired of hearing about how bad Bush is. I mean, I think he's awful. He's so bad you can't even begin to scratch the surface, so why bother? Those of us who don't like Bush are voting for Kerry anyway. We have evil fatigue. It might be nice to just hear about the future - a bright, shiny future with no trace whatsoever of George W. Bush. I think Kerry needs to be painting a bright, hopeful, vivid, picture of a strong and safe America - a picture from which Bush is pointedly absent. Wouldn't that resonate with swing voters and avoid the "negativity" trap?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home