Seven Degrees from Normal

Two people, eighteen years of marriage, seven college degrees.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Extremely unnatural fibers

This is turning out to be one of my Greatest Hits of Needlework:

So you are probably thinking: "What the hell is that?" Well, it's a shopping bag crocheted out of recycled grocery bags, duh! We use it as a swim bag when we go to the pool, and I sometimes take it to the Farmer's Market or Sun Harvest. It holds a ton of stuff. Believe it or not, people keep trying to buy it from us. It's so ugly people just assume it must have a Higher Purpose, which it sort of does, in that it uses up all those plastic bags I never get around to recycling.

I'm thinking I might sell a few as a fundraiser for Sun Dragon. Austin is such a great town--people like the weirdest stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home